Transport & Logistics Management Master Programme
Our Master of Arts in Transport & Logistics Management is oriented towards business activities focusing on the transport and logistics sector, such as aviation or freight transport. This programme is just right for applicants who have already taken a degree in, for example, Aviation Management, Tourism, Geography, Economics or Business Administration or has completed a course in Engineering.
The study programme conveys in-depth knowledge on the economic interrelationship between the transport and logistics sectors. It additionally focuses on management tools that are important for this area of business.
Anyone interested in this course should have a high degree of commitment to work in a very dynamic business environment and a great interest in the service sector. Participants will acquire all the important knowledge and skills they need to become successful decision makers.
You’ll gain expertise in:
- Infrastructure Management
- Sustainability & Environmental Aspects
- Strategic Transport & Logistics
- Strategic Network Management
Facts & Figures: Transport & Logistics Management
Your benefits at IUBH
- A solid preparation semester in the basics of business administration
- An strong academic programme on a multi-national, multicultural campus
- The development of key social, professional and intercultural skills for a successful management career
- A strong link between theory and practice through case studies and projects with international organisations
- Faculty with professional experience at home and abroad
- Instruction in small, international groups, in English
- The university’s extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- A professional edge through an extensive, optional foreign language programme
Your future – your career opportunities
Diverse and important tasks with leadership responsibilities are waiting for you. The international orientation of your studies and the transport and logistics sector make you a global player.
Future employers could be transport and logistics firms, forwarding agencies, companies from the aviation sector and consulting firms who advise the supply-and-transport industries. Your job site could be in net management, where you ensure that networks are perfectly coordinated in terms of time frame and capacity and that all elements are completely intertwined. In yield management, on the other hand, you would be responsible for steering revenues by allocating seats or transport capacities.
Other typical job areas could be controlling, marketing, market research, quality management, station management or strategic corporate planning.
Take a look at our campus in the IUBH Lipdub:
Campus Bad Honnef
The infrastructure of the Bad Honnef campus is characterised by a state-of-the-art infrastructure: Student dorms, campus WLAN, Career Services, International Office and alumni network advise and support you in your studies and your career planning. In addition we provide a superior campus gastronomy, which adds to the relaxing and comfortable surroundings, as do the leisure activities organised by both the IUBH and the students themselves.