International Event Management – Overview
Bachelor in International Event Management
Fairs, exhibitions, scientific, economic or political conferences, corporate marketing events or public cultural events - the event sector is multifaceted!
Your career opportunities with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in International Event Management are diverse - as diverse as the events you will realise.
In connection with creating memorable experiences, events will play an increasingly important role in communicating objectives, management concerns, marketing and PR activities, etcetera. Event and PR agencies, exhibition corporations, cultural authorities, and the marketing departments of companies working at the national and international level are the ones who take on these tasks.
The study programme in International Event Management is practice oriented and provides you with the fundamental principles of business management and the specific management know-how related to fairs, exhibitions, conferences and corporate events that you need for a successful career.
Additionally, in your fifth semester you can focus on your own personal specialisation:
- Event Design
- Human Resource Management
- Sales & Distribution
- Destination Management
- Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality & Events
Facts & Figures
International Event Management
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Duration: 6 semesters
Internship: 1 semester
Study abroad: 1 semester (optional)
Campus: Bad Honnef
Intakes: Spring & Autumn
Your benefits at IUBH
Connected to the creation of special experiences, events will take an increasingly prominent role in marketing and PR - and in communicating objectives and management requests.
Event and PR-agencies, exhibition corporations, cultural offices, marketing departments of companies on national and international levels are responsible for these activities.
- Faculty with proven practical and international experience
- Instruction in small, international groups
- Theory and practice linked through case studies and projects
- Development of key social, professional and intercultural skills
- Access to extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- Strong network of international partner universities for optional studies abroad
- A professional edge through an extensive foreign language programme
- Qualify as a certified expert, in cooperation with the worldwide biggest network for event managers (MPI)
- Broad variety of additional lectures from top managers of the industry (Honnef Business Talks, Extra Curriculum)
Awards and recognitions
The IUBH is a founding member of Quality Circle Event Studies. The association of leading universities with event-study courses aims to define and ensure adequate standards of academic event studies. An essential component of this is distinctive practical relevance.
The study programme International Event Management has been awarded the FIBAA Premium Seal. The IUBH is the only university in Germany offering a degree programme in this area with a Premium Seal. This ensures the excellent quality of teaching at the university.
UFI is the association of the world's leading tradeshow organisers and fairground owners, as well as the major national and international exhibition associations, and selected partners of the exhibition industry. As a privileged forum for dialogue, UFI's main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide. The International University of Applied Sciences with its Bachelor programme Event Management is as one of only five universities member of UFI.
Further informationProgramme characteristics