Event Management – Overview
Bachelor in Event Management
Fairs, exhibitions, business, scientific, economic or political conferences,
marketing meetings of companies or public cultural events - the event industry
The Event Management programme focuses on practice and teaches basic business knowledge and specific management knowledge for fairs, exhibitions, congresses and corporate events.
Your career possibilities with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Event Management are varied - just like the events you will plan.
Facts & figures
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Duration of study: 6 semesters
Language of instruction: English
Internship: 1 semester
Study abroad: 1 semester (optional)
Campus: Bad Honnef
Intake: March & September
Your benefits at IUBH
Connected to the creation of special experiences, events will take an increasingly prominent role in marketing and PR - and in communicating objectives and management requests.
Event and PR-agencies, exhibition corporations, cultural offices, marketing departments of companies on national and international levels are responsible for these activities.
- Faculty with proven practical and international experience
- Instruction in small, international groups
- Theory and practice linked through case studies and projects
- Development of key social, professional and intercultural skills
- Access to extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- Strong network of international partner universities for optional studies abroad
- A professional edge through an extensive foreign language programme
- Qualify as a certified expert, in cooperation with the worldwide biggest network for event managers (MPI)
- Broad variety of additional lectures from top managers of the industry (Honnef Business Talks, Extra Curriculum)
Awards and recognitionsThe IUBH programmes meet the highest demands of the industry. The following accreditations guarantee their quality.
Quality guaranteed through external educational inspectorate.
The IUBH is accredited by the German Science and Humanities Council.
Event study programmes founded a quality network
UFI is the association of the world's leading tradeshow organisers and fairground owners, as well as the major national and international exhibition associations, and selected partners of the exhibition industry. As a privileged forum for dialogue, UFI's main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide. The International University of Applied Sciences with its Bachelor programme Event Management is as one of only five universities member of UFI.
Further informationProgramme characteristics