Do you want to apply?
International student application guidelinesIf you are applying for a bachelor or master programme, this information will help you to do it correctly.
- Check admission requirements
- Send electronic application to the IUBH
- Receive acceptance form & transfer deposit to reserve study place
- Receive offer letter & tuition contract
- Apply for visa
- Receive confirmation of enrolment in the IUBH
Helpful information on our admission process
Your application in detail
1. Check admission requirementsThe entry requirements to enter the IUBH vary depending on your previous education and the programme you are interested in.
You’ll find all details in the section Entry requirements. For further questions contact the International Admission Office.
2. Send application to the IUBH (electronically)The first step towards your admission is to fill in the application form. Please be sure to include ALL of the documents listed below:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Personal statement* (maximum 800 words, 1-2 pages, paper format DIN A4)
- 1 passport photograph
- Certified copies of your school leaving certificate + transcript of academic records
- Original-TOEFL/IELTS score report
- Copy of your passport
*Personal statement: We welcome students who reflect our values: academic excellence, international orientation and high commitment to personal goals and achievements. Please write approximately 1 ½ page (maximum 800 words) about
- your personal goals
- why you have chosen the IUBH
Please send your application form and documents by email to the International Admission Office. We will check if you fulfil the entry requirements and will contact you within two weeks.
3. Receive acceptance form & transfer deposit to reserve study placeIf you fulfil the requirements, you will receive an acceptance form. You must sign the acceptance form and transfer a deposit to the university’s bank account.
This deposit is mentioned in the acceptance form and will be deducted from your tuition fees.
4. University's Offer Letter & Tuition ContractAfter paying the deposit, you will receive the university’s offer letter and your tuition contract documents. You will need both for your visa application.
After signing the tuition contract and returning it to IUBH you must transfer the enrolment fee of € 450.
5. Visa application for Non-EU applicantsSee Visa Process here. For help please contact our study advisory team.
6. Receive confirmation of enrolment in the IUBH
Once we have received both copies of your signed tuition contract, we'll send you the orientation information, the confirmation of your enrolment and the invoice for the remaining fees.