Aviation Management Bachelor study programme
The IUBH positioned itself in the field of business administration as Germany's best private university of applied science, in the current CHE Ranking.
Aviation Management - More than just flying! Take customers to their destination on time in the fastest, safest and most convenient way.
In 2001, we were one of the first European universities to introduce a study programme in aviation management. It provides core issues of business administration in the aviation industry.
The programme's strong academic focus and its practical components have repeatedly received praise from the industry. An interactive dialogue between professors and students is encouraged through discussion and exercises.
- Introduction to Aviation Management
- Business Communication
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Air Navigation Services
- Controlling Airlines and Airports
Facts and figures: Aviation Management
Your benefits at IUBH
Besides general business management, you will learn regulations and mechanisms of the aviation industry. Research and project work help to deepen and intensify your knowledge.
By the time you graduate, you will have an excellent academic education and a perfect starting point for an international career.
- Faculty with proven international experience
- Development of key social, professional and intercultural skills
- Access to extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- Instruction in small, international groups
- Theory and practice linked through case studies and projects with international organisations
- A professional edge through an extensive, optional foreign language programme
Careers in Aviation Management
Our aviation management degree offers international and diverse job opportunities.
As an employee in network management you will be qualified to create and optimize airline flight schedules. Flights will be coordinated for customer to provide an optimal network with many interchanges.
If you work as yield manager your job will be to optimize the profit per passenger, adjusting ticket prices to demand and creating an ideal mix of occupancy and economic return.
Take a look at our campus in the IUBH Lipdub:
Campus Bad Honnef
The infrastructure of the Bad Honnef campus is characterised by a state-of-the-art infrastructure: Student dorms, campus WLAN, Career Services, International Office and alumni network advise and support you in your studies and your career planning. In addition we provide a superior campus gastronomy, which adds to the relaxing and comfortable surroundings, as do the leisure activities organised by both the IUBH and the students themselves.