Int. Event Management Bachelor study programme
The IUBH positioned itself in the field of business administration as Germany's best private university of applied science, in the current CHE Ranking.
Fairs, exhibitions, business, scientific, economic or political conferences and marketing meetings of companies or public cultural events - the event industry is versatile!
The Event Management programme focuses on practice and teaches basic business knowledge and specific management knowledge for fairs, exhibitions, congresses and corporate events.
Your career possibilities with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Event Management are varied - just like the events you will plan.
Courses are in lecture and seminar format with an average of 30 students per class. This encourages dialogue between professors and students.
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Event Management
- Language Courses
- Management ana Cost Accounting
- Strategic Event Communication
Facts & figures: International Event Management
Your benefits at IUBH
Connected to the creation of special experiences, events will take an increasingly prominent role in marketing and PR - and in communicating objectives and management requests.
Event and PR-agencies, exhibition corporations, cultural offices, marketing departments of companies on national and international levels are responsible for these activities.
- Faculty with proven practical and international experience
- Instruction in small, international groups
- Theory and practice linked through case studies and projects
- Development of key social, professional and intercultural skills
- Access to extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- Strong network of international partner universities for optional studies abroad
- A professional edge through an extensive foreign language programme
- Qualify as a certified expert, in cooperation with the worldwide biggest network for event managers (MPI)
- Broad variety of additional lectures from top managers of the industry (Honnef Business Talks, Extra Curriculum)
Careers in Event Management
Making a meeting an unforgettable event - that's the goal of every event manager.
Possible employers are
- event agencies
- fair companies
- corporations and medium-sized enterprises
- concert/theatre organizers
- media companies and PR-agencies
- public institutions and non-profit organisations
In short: It is all about the professional management of events, from conception and preparation to execution, and the successful conclusion of the project.
As an IUBH Event Management graduate you will be able to step into a wide ranging vocational field with constant new experiences and new challenges - because each event is unique!