Quality Management in Hospitality
This continuing education programme is tailored to the current quality needs of the hotel and tourism industries.
It is aimed at professionals working full time. It is best suited for those with some work experience,and for managers and employees working on quality management.
The Quality Management in the hotel industry certificate is offered twice a year in cooperation with the Association for Systemic Management (Gesellschaft für Systemisches Management, GSM, www.gfsm.de). Each certificate course is divided into four modules and lasts at least eight days. Participants receive a certificate when they pass the final examination.
Within the modules you’ll learn to develop a quality concept for your organisation – a hotel, association or other tourism service provider. This includes developing quality standards, planning and implementing them and maintaining them over the long term.
- Case studies and projects for a real-life focus
- Working through real problems on your own to build experience
- Small groups (maximum of 12)
- Applying what you’ve learned to your own organisation right away
- Learning based on accredited management systems
- Comparing experiences with other professionals, in and outside the classroom
- Field trials and case studies
- Using current management methods
- Improving personal presentation and communication skills
- Graduating with a Certificate in Quality Management
Quality managers have to reach the quality goals they have set with the management team, on budget and on schedule. They must also constantly work on improving quality.
Tasks of a Quality Manager
Quality managers supervise employees working on quality development and advice and coach them when needed. They work with different sections and departments of an organisation and actually coordinate quality management in the whole organisation.
The work of a quality manager starts with developing an understanding of quality and quality standards. Managers guide the implementation of the quality management system, coordinate related projects and perform internal audits. After certification they ensure continuous use and improvement of the system.
ContentThe course is conducted in modules to allow you to apply what you’ve learned to your own work situation. During the course you’ll complete a workplace project that you present in the final examination.
Short presentations, discussions on best practice, practical exercises, role plays, case studies and homework ensure a practical focus. This helps you immediately use course material in your job.
- Characteristics of a quality manager
- Setting and measuring goals
- Creating and adjusting standards
- Documenting organizational processes
- Creating and maintaining a quality management
- Involving employees in the quality development process
- Planning and holding meetings and employee training
- Building up, developing and monitoring the quality concept
- Introduction to project management
- Complaint management
- Monitoring tools for effective use of a QM System
- Role of the quality manager in system implementation and coaching
- Organising and implementing a quality check
- The audit process – from preparation to follow-up
- Error analysis
- Preparing management reports
- Explaining points of contact with other departments
- Requirements of a quality management system
- Rolling out a quality management system
- Creating personalised solutions for the quality manager role
As part of course learning, you’ll develop a quality concept for your organisation in several project steps.
The certificate course is oriented toward your professional experience and contains numerous practical elements:
• Participating in a SERQUA® management audit
• Conducting an advising session under peer supervision
• Explaining the quality management process to a colleague
• Delivering a presentation on quality management
• Running a supervised employee training session or a quality meeting
• Developing and implementing a quality project
• Measuring a quality benchmark
Facts & figures
Qualification: Certificate from the IUBH
Final examination: Presentation of a project from your workplace
- Experience in the tourism and/or hotel industry
- Current role as quality officer with ability to independently implement quality projects
- 4 Module of 2 days each
- 1 day final exam, project work and case studies
Cost: 3,990 € plus tax
Participants per course: 8 - 12
Course instructor: Franz-Josef König, executive director of Association for Systemic Management (Gesellschaft für Systemisches Management)
The course is divided into modules so you have the chance to transfer what you’ve learned into your workplace. In the final examination you’ll present a project from your organisation that you’ve worked on during the course.
A strong practical focus through short presentations, lectures, discussions, exercises, role plays, case studies and homework makes sure you can use what you’ve learned.
Registration for the course
Are you interested? You can register by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 02224-9605-102.
Please provide your:
- postal and email addresses
- telephone number
- current professional position
- the name of your organisation
We’ll get in touch with you soon.