Programme Characteristics –
International Management · Finance & Accounting (M.A.)
Become a financial expert for a global industry
Order of study - Overview
Finance plays a key role in any company and in today's turbulent global environment this area is especially important. The programme gives you the skills you will need to deal with monetary, investment and credit issues. You will also learn the accounting principles needed for international finance.
Your first semester
builds on what you already know about general management. At the same time you will
improve your communication competencies with language courses.
In this semester a faculty advisor will help you choose four of six possible areas of focus as you continue to improve your competence in general management.
The third semester is spent building your knowledge of finance and accounting.
Your last semester is spent writing your master thesis.
Programme details of Intern. Management · Finance & AccountingThe programme consists of several business and management modules. The modularised curriculum divides these into compulsory and optional modules.
The generalist aspect of the programme is reflected in the compulsory modules that will teach you:
- Academic research methods
- Applied statistics
- Strategic aspects of the service mangement
- Performance measurement and management
- International economic policy
- International business ethics
- Corporate governance in an international context
Four of six optional compulsory modules help to prepare you for a functional specialisation:
- International organisational behavior
- International human resource management
- International management accounting and control
- International financial accounting
- International financial management
- International marketing