Programme Characteristics –
International Management · Marketing (M.A.)
Become a marketing expert for global markets
Order of study - Overview
In addition to general management, you will look at innovation, research and current challenges in marketing. The programme will teach you analyse the business environment and to evaluate marketing decisions from company and consumer perspectives.
Your first semester is
spent updating and increasing your general management knowledge. Parallel to
your studies you will expand your professional profile through language courses.
In this semester a
faculty advisor will help you choose four of six possible concentrations as
you continue to improve your competence in general management. By the end
of the semester you will have the basis of your personal profile.
The third semester focuses on marketing.
Your last semester is spent writing your master thesis.
Programme details of International Management · MarketingThe programme consists of several academic and practically-oriented modules from business and management.
The generalist aspect of the programme is reflected in the compulsory modules which will teach you:
- Academic research methods
- Applied statistics
- Strategic aspects of the service mangement
- Performance measurement and management
- International economic policy
- International business ethics
- Corporate governance in an international context
Four of six optional compulsory modules help to prepare you for a functional specialization:
- International organizational behavior
- International human resource management
- International management accounting and control
- International financial accounting
- International financial management
- International marketing
In the third semester you'll concentrate on international marketing. You'll gain a strong specialist foundation as well as the practical experience you'll need to work in this field.