Programme Characteristics –
International Management · Hospitality (M.A.)
Your way to an international hospitality expert
Order of study - Overview
Find out what's new in general management and expand your knowledge of hospitality. Round out your profile with practice in soft skills and languages, and put everything to work in an internship.
Your first semester is
spent updating and increasing your general management knowledge. Parallel to
your studies you will strengthen your professional profile through language courses.
In this semester a
faculty advisor will help you choose four of six possible areas of focus as
you continue with general management. By the end of the semester you will have the basis of your personal profile.
You focus on deepening your knowledge of hospitality management.
Your last semester is spent writing your master thesis.
Programme details of International Management · HospitalityThe programme consists of several academic and practically-oriented business and management modules.
The generalist aspect of the programme is reflected in the compulsory modules which will teach you:
- Academic research methods
- Applied statistics
- Strategic aspects of the service management
- Performance measurement and management
- International economic policy
- International business ethics
- Corporate governance in an international context
Four of six optional compulsory modules help to prepare you for a functional specialization:
- International organisational behaviour
- International human resource management
- International management accounting and control
- International financial accounting
- International financial management
- International marketing