Overview – Leadership & Management (M.A.) ONLINE
Master Leadership & Management (M.A.) ONLINE
Enhance your career at your own pace – anytime, anywhere
An IUBH Online M.A. in Leadership and Management is the ideal launch pad to an international management career.
It provides you with the opportunity to study online for a widely recognised degree. The flexibility of this programme makes it the ideal solution for busy professionals looking to enhance their management skills without interrupting their career.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Pioneering Virtual Learning Environment
- 24/7 access to learning material
- Collaborative learning environment with the opportunity to share ideas and feedback
with your tutors and peers whenever you like via live discussions
- Joint research, case studies and work-based projects, so even though you're not on campus, you're never alone
- Dedicated distance learning team is always on hand to offer support
- 4 weeks free trial period and assistance
- Start any time
- No compulsory attendance
- Accommodates each according to their need: Customise your study programme with our diverse specialisations
- Learn from the best: Best German university of applied sciences according to the current CHE ranking
- Take extra time: If desired, you can extend your studies at no extra cost
- Exams: Exam dates every month and soon also online at any time
Facts & Figures
Leadership & Management
Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
Duration: optional 2 or 4 semesters
Study Model: online
Exams: 2-3 exams per semester
Extension: free of charge
Certification: Certificate, Diploma supplement
Start: from October 2016, start anytime
Order of study
Our online Master of Arts degree is a modular programme, which means that your courses are organised into subject areas, so called "modules".
In the first semester, the Leadership module covers methods and techniques for managing and motivating employees. The Strategic Management module demonstrates how to deal with the strategic and operational challenges faced by today's corporate executives. This is followed by the Performance Measurement module which shows you how to establish objectives, evaluate achievement and manage your organisation. The Change Management module deals with the key role played by globalisation and how to successfully implement change, followed by the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Module. The final module in the first semester is Managing in a Global Economy.
The second semester offers a choice of three elective courses: Negotiation, Performance Management and Business German - as well as a seminar on "Current Issues in Leadership and Management". You will also be expected to write your Master's Thesis in the subject area of your choice.
The M.A. in Leadership and Management - tailored to suit your needs
100% convenient - select when and where you study
Study anytime, anywhere - we offer courses that fit your lifestyle. Set your own timetable and work at your own pace. And if you can't get to Germany, all exams can be taken at one of the 160 Goethe Institutes located worldwide!
100% flexible - continue working while you study
One of the key benefits of distance learning is the fact that you don't have to give up the day job! No loss of income, no relocation - you just carry on working while you study.
100% global - leverage IUBH´s reputation for your international career
Germany is ranked among the global top 10 most competitive economies with professional talent increasingly being sourced in the international arena. So why not maximise your career potential by gaining a degree at Germany´s #1 university for career development.
100% innovative - join Germany´s most successful online provider
Boasting a student satisfaction level of 94%, IUBH has been offering its flexible and progressive online format since 2012, with the IUBH Distance Learning student cockpit offering a whole host of powerful and innovative online tools designed to maximise your learning experience.
100% international - full immigration option upon completion of studies
On successful completion of their degree, IUBH alumni are entitled to work and reside in Germany. And after three years full-time employment in Germany that entitlement is extended to include the whole of the EU. Choose a blended learning model or our career service package to further boost your career options within Germany and the European Union.
Taking the TASC Exam
How Does the TASC Exam Work? Course Content and Examination Requirements
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary for successfully pursuing the IUBH degree programme to which you applied. For taking the test, all candidates have access to our learning platform CLIX where study materials, including relevant literature references and detailed instructions for the largely independent work of taking the TASC, are available.
TASC ContentThe TASC exam has three parts:
- Written scientific research paper, in the form of a seminar paper
- Written case study analysis, in the form of a seminar paper
- Oral presentation of results and discussion (colloquium)
- Development and written analysis of a question which is selected from a predetermined topic. You get three alternative subject areas from the marketing, human resources and business information systems degree programmes.
- Please use pertinent literature (citation scheme by APA). You can also find recommended literature on the CLIX platform.
- The paper should be about 10 pages long (depending on the design template).
- Written analysis of a predetermined case study according to IUBH guidelines.
- The scope of the case study analysis should be about 5 pages (depending on the design template).
The oral presentation is done as a video conference, for example via Skype, in front of a scientific jury. It covers the presentation and discussion of the results of the research paper and case study analysis. It is approx. 30 minutes long.
Note: Successful completion of the scientific research paper and the case study analysis are the core elements of the admissions test and a prerequisite for the colloquium. However, TASC is only regarded as passed when all three examinations were rated as at least adequate.
Cost: The cost of the TASC examination is 950€.
IUBH expert quote
"There are many positive aspects to the German management style - such as constant innovation, efficiency and the ability to interact with and integrate other cultures - all skills that are systematically developed in the IUBH Online Master Programme."
Prof. Dr. Holger Sommerfeldt
Study Programme Manager
Awards & recognitions
Quality guaranteed through external educational inspectorate.
The IUBH is accredited by the German Science and Humanities Council.