Leadership & Management · ONLINE (M.A.)
Your advantages at a glance
- Pioneering Virtual Learning Environment
- 24/7 access to learning material
- Collaborative learning environment with the opportunity to share ideas and feedback with your tutors and peers whenever you like via live discussions
- Joint research, case studies and work-based projects, so even though you're not on campus, you're never alone
- Dedicated distance learning team is always on hand to offer support
- 4 weeks free trial period and assistance
- Start any time
- No compulsory attendance
- Accommodates each according to their need: Customise your study programme with our diverse specialisations
- Learn from the best: Best German university of applied sciences according to the current CHE ranking
- Take extra time: If desired, you can extend your studies at no extra cost
- Exams: Exam dates every month and soon also online at any time
Order of study - Overview
Our online Master of Arts degree is a modular programme, which means that your courses are organised into subject areas, so called "modules".
In the first semester, the Leadership module covers methods and techniques for managing and motivating employees. The Strategic Management module demonstrates how to deal with the strategic and operational challenges faced by today's corporate executives. This is followed by the Performance Measurement module which shows you how to establish objectives, evaluate achievement and manage your organisation. The Change Management module deals with the key role played by globalisation and how to successfully implement change, followed by the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Module. The final module in the first semester is Managing in a Global Economy.
The second semester offers a choice of three elective courses: Negotiation, Performance Management and Business German - as well as a seminar on "Current Issues in Leadership and Management". You will also be expected to write your Master's Thesis in the subject area of your choice.
Taking the TASC Exam
How Does the TASC Exam Work? Course Content and Examination RequirementsThe TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary for successfully pursuing the IUBH degree programme to which you applied. For taking the test, all candidates have access to our learning platform CLIX where study materials, including relevant literature references and detailed instructions for the largely independent work of taking the TASC, are available.
- The TASC exam has three parts:
- Written scientific research paper, in the form of a seminar paper
- Written case study analysis, in the form of a seminar paper
- Oral presentation of results and discussion (colloquium)
- The written research paper must meet the following criteria:
- Development and written analysis of a question which is selected from a predetermined topic. You get three alternative subject areas from the marketing, human resources and business information systems degree programmes
- Please use pertinent literature (citation scheme by APA). You can also find recommended literature on the CLIX platform
- The paper should be about 10 pages long (depending on the design template)
- The case study analysis must meet the following criteria:
- Written analysis of a predetermined case study according to IUBH guidelines
- The scope of the case study analysis should be about 5 pages (depending on the design template)
- The oral presentation is done as a video conference, for example via Skype, in front of a scientific jury. It covers the presentation and discussion of the results of the research paper and case study analysis. It is approx. 30 minutes long.
- Note: Successful completion of the scientific research paper and the case study analysis are the core elements of the admissions test and a prerequisite for the colloquium. However, TASC is only regarded as passed when all three examinations were rated as at least adequate.
- Cost: The cost of the TASC examination is 950€.
Your benefits at IUBH
- Qualified lecturersFaculty with international business, consulting and academic experience
- Learning environmentInstruction in small, international groups, in English, online and on campus
- On-site supportExclusive campus community - faculty and staff know you by name
- Practical orientationTheory and practice combined in case studies and projects with international organisations
- PreparationOpportunity to develop the social, professional and intercultural skills you will need to work in management
- NetworkGlobal network of industry contacts
- Language competenceExtensive, foreign language programme
Get started - your way to Leadership & Management master's degree
Kick-start your career now
- 1. Kick-off - Enrolling with IUBH
- The all-important first step is to enrol with IUBH Distance Learning. In order to accept you as an IUBH student we need certain documents, such as certified copies of documents attesting your previous education, proof of English language skills and a copy of your passport. Once all this information has been received, IUBH provides you with access to its online Campus and everything you need to get started.
- 2. Online Campus - cockpit of your success
- Once you have access to the online campus, you can begin choosing your courses. This is also where you'll find your tutors, online literature , databases, scripts, vodcasts, podcasts, quizzes, online libraries for e-books, communication platform, integrated project management tools and the virtual student office.
- Top-quality study scripts - contain all the key information for your specific subject and provide links to further in-depth literature.
- Webinars - a key component of the IUBH learning format: online tutorials offered by experienced tutors who also answer questions via chat or video contributions. All sessions available in video format.
- Mobile learning - Choose from IMC Learning Apps, Podcasts and Vodcasts - learning that is truly accessible - wherever you are.
- 3. Milestones - passing your exams
- After qualifying, you can register for your exams and take them directly at any one of 160 Goethe institutes in 94 countries. This gives you maximum flexibility and helps limit travelling times.