International Hospitality Management (B.A.)
Order of study - Overview
The curriculum covers various core elements:
- General business management
- integrated service management, accounting, microeconomics and macroeconomics as well as mathematics and statistics
- different management approaches and distribution methods
- in-depth understanding and assessment of business correlations
- Industry-specific know-how
- practice-related courses help you to thoroughly understand the hospitality industry
- detailed knowledge of specific management topics – restaurant management, food & beverage management, room management, law and human resources
- Additional qualifications
- communication training
- computer applications
- in-depth foreign language skills in general and business English
- second foreign language: Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic
- Studies abroad
- the one year spent studying abroad at one of our partner universities is a fixed component of the course
- training of foreign language skills
- practical experience abroad – academic, personal and intercultural
- second Bachelor degree, awarded by the international partner university
The courses are held in lecture and seminar format. There are about 30 students per class – this encourages dialogue between professors and students.
In the hotel industry, not only the guests are international. At management level, you will be acting on a global scale – with staff, business partners and investors. With the International Hospitality Management Bachelor programme, you will be acquiring the tools for your career around the world:
- A year abroad at one of the partner universities of IUBH
- Two recognised Bachelor degrees when you complete your studies
You can find out everything about your studies abroad and our international partner universities here: > To studying abroad
Practical semesterThanks to the internship integrated by the IUBH in your studies, you have the opportunity of trying out your academic knowledge outside the classroom.
You will also get to know the industry and its various specialisations – the perfect basis for your career choice.
- You can spend your internship in Germany or abroad
- The internship lasts a whole semester
- Forge your first contacts in industry
- Include the internship as an important element in your CV
- Make the most of the opportunity of being taken on after graduation by a company from our industry network
Extra CurriculumAnother opportunity to gain practical experience: Extra Curriculum is an optional component of the study programme, and is offered during the first semester.
The programme contains the following:
- Workshops and conferences on and off campus on a variety of topics
- Guest lectures by experts from industry and from the aviation sector
- Excursions to industry-specific companies, for example destination agencies
- Students are awarded a certificate for regular attendance – for their CVs
Extra Curriculum gives you additional orientation and insight into the structures of the industry from the very first semester. This is your opportunity to get to know the various forms of business organisation – and thus perhaps also your own future area of specialisation – at first hand.