Big Data Management (M.A.) – The key to business success
Be it in a bricks and mortar retailer or an online shop, in the finance sector or aviation, the travel industry or telecommunications; data affects business success in almost every sector. The large amount of unstructured data collected needs to not only be stored, but also analysed and effectively used.
As a big data manager, it is your responsibility to generate as much strategic use out of the data as possible. You will also coordinate corresponding projects, and act as the contact person between senior management, data engineers, and data analysts. You understand the principals of information management, as well as artificial intelligence, and have a feel for new technologies and their applications in a business environment. You are also able to process data to suit the company strategy by understanding your management’s needs. Lastly, you will use your expertise to critically analyse current advancements in the industry, differentiate between short-lived trends and realistic solutions, and present the best suggestions to senior management.
Facts & Figures
International Management · Big Data Management
8 semesters (part-time**)
6 semesters (Study & Work**)
*starting autumn 2019
**only at campus Dublin
Leverage the Study&Work advantage
On selected master programmes you have the chance to take part in our Study&Work Programme in Dublin. Within this programme you combine practice-oriented coursework with practical experience on the job. We actively support you in finding an employer to help you gain hands-on experience during your studies. Study at IUBH in Dublin and finance your tuition fee up to 100% by working for one of our partners. Check out our study courses and campus locations!
Find more information about our Study & Work programme here>
One study programme, three cities, countless experiences
In selected master programmes IUBH offers you the chance to switch during your studies between the German and Irish campus locations Dublin, Berlin and Bad Honnef.
- Gain priceless experiences abroad
- Expand your network with international contacts
- No additional fees
- A switch is possible every semester (at the end of each semester)
- You are a full-time student
- Your study programme is offered at your preferred campus location
For more information please contact our Study Guidance.
Why should I study Big Data Management at IUBH?
- InternationalInternational campus with students and professors from more than 85 nations
- Practical orientationHigh degree of practical relevance through guest speakers, company presentations, corporate projects and field trips
- English-speakingLectures in English and intensive exchanges with professors and fellow students
- NetworkTop-class network of industry contacts for careers at home and abroad
- Small groupsInstruction in small groups given by lecturers with track records of practical experience
- ExpertiseYou may choose from different specialisations
- UniqueUnique study programme with a high rate of recognition in the industry
- KnowledgeAcademic knowledge is consistently taught in case studies, project work and applied research projects
Your personal focus
During your studies, you complete the specialisation in Big Data Management with the following courses:
- Big Data and the business Environment
- Data Science
- Analytical Frameworks
- Data Utilization
- Applications & Case Studies
What are the professional prospects in Big Data Management?
Large and fast growing companies are investing substantially in the implementation of data management systems and structures. As a result, qualified experts in the area have plenty of opportunities. Project managers specializing in the area of big data have excellent career opportunities in almost all forward-looking sectors, especially in the IT, media, and digital sectors, in the automotive and finance industries, as well as in marketing and sales. Your role as the responsible big data project manager is an important connector between management and technical support. You prepare tailored solutions for your company based on customer, market, and/or competitor information, and always have an eye on the latest developments, for example within the area of artificial intelligence.
What others say about this programme
The fact that the study program is conducted in English was a major reason for choosing the IUBH because I felt more comfortable with English than with German at the time of admission. I find, however, that I automatically acquire a second foreign language for free while living in Germany.