Hospitality Management (M.A.) ‒ future tourism & hospitality
Hotel planning, human resources management, restaurant and room management – you have already become acquainted with the main tasks of hospitality management during your previous study or on the job.
In senior management in the hotel sector, however, the strategic orientation
of the company is also in your hands.
The Master degree focusing on Hospitality Management prepares you to confidently take on responsible positions in the field of Hotel and Service Management. During this course of studies you develop the competencies you require as a top executive in a sector that is truly international.
Facts & Figures
International Management · Hospitality
International Hospitality Management
6 or 8 semesters (part-time)
6 semesters (Study & Work)
*Dublin: first intake Autumn 2018Find more information about our Study & Work programme here>
One study programme, three cities, countless experiences
In selected master programmes IUBH offers you the chance to switch during your studies between the German and Irish campus locations Dublin, Berlin and Bad Honnef.
- Gain priceless experiences abroad
- Expand your network with international contacts
- No additional fees
- A switch is possible every semester (at the end of each semester)
- You are a full-time student
- Your study programme is offered at your preferred campus location
For more information please contact our Study Guidance.
Why should I study Hospitality Management at IUBH?
- InternationalInternational campus with students and professors from more than 85 nations
- Practical orientationHigh degree of practical relevance through guest speakers, company presentations, corporate projects and field trips
- English-speakingLectures in English and intensive exchanges with professors and fellow students
- NetworkTop-class network of industry contacts for careers at home and abroad
- Small groupsInstruction in small groups given by lecturers with track records of practical experience
- ExpertiseYou may choose from different specialisations
- UniqueUnique study programme with a high rate of recognition in the industry
- KnowledgeAcademic knowledge is consistently taught in case studies, project work and applied research projects
Your personal focus
During your studies, you complete the specialisation in hospitality with the following courses:
- Hospitality Management Seminar
- Pricing & Distribution Management
- Hospitality Project Planning & Development
- Food & Beverage Management
- Strategic Hospitality & Tourism Marketing
What are the professional prospects in Hospitality Management?
The Master course focussed on Hospitality Management prepares you for a wide variety of tasks. After completing your course of studies you work in responsible positions in hotels and resorts or gastronomy consulting. Thanks to your comprehensive know-how in the fields of Personnel, Marketing and Client Management you are also a sought-after expert for other sectors.
Hotel chains, holiday and club resorts, congress and fair organiser above all those with international business activities today already prefer to employ graduates from IUBH.
What others say about this programme
Learning in small groups; friendly and helpful industry experienced professors; transfer of management know-how from both a national and international perspective, and an excellent training of my individual management skills, particularly my leadership skills.