IT Management (M.A.) ‒ crossing the gap between management and technology
Information is a key asset in today's economy. Recognizing its value for an organization, taking advantage of its potential and harnessing its technologies lies in the authority of IT Management.
As IT Manager you will develop strategies to utilize data, information and knowledge of your organization in order to achieve and develop strategic objectives. Working at the interface between leadership and information technology, you will conduct and supervise projects within and between international enterprises, non-governmental, or governmental organizations.
Facts & Figures
International Management · IT Management
8 semesters (part-time*)
6 semesters (Study & Work*)
*only at Campus Dublin, starting autumn 2019
Applicants for the study programme Master IT Management in two semesters need at least 240 ECTS points in their undergraduate studies.
Leverage the Study&Work advantage
On selected master programmes you have the chance to take part in our Study&Work Programme in Dublin. Within this programme you combine practice-oriented coursework with practical experience on the job. We actively support you in finding an employer to help you gain hands-on experience during your studies. Study at IUBH in Dublin and finance your tuition fee up to 100% by working for one of our partners. Check out our study courses and campus locations!
One study programme, three cities, countless experiences
In selected master programmes IUBH offers you the chance to switch during your studies between the German and Irish campus locations Dublin, Berlin and Bad Honnef.
- Gain priceless experiences abroad
- Expand your network with international contacts
- No additional fees
- A switch is possible every semester (at the end of each semester)
- You are a full-time student
- Your study programme is offered at your preferred campus location
For more information please contact our Study Guidance.
Why should I study IT Management at IUBH?
- InternationalInternational campus with students and professors from more than 85 nations
- Practical orientationHigh degree of practical relevance through guest speakers, company presentations, corporate projects and field trips
- English-speakingLectures in English and intensive exchanges with professors and fellow students
- NetworkTop-class network of industry contacts for careers at home and abroad
- Small groupsInstruction in small groups given by lecturers with track records of practical experience
- ExpertiseYou may choose from different specialisations
- UniqueUnique study programme with a high rate of recognition in the industry
- KnowledgeAcademic knowledge is consistently taught in case studies, project work and applied research projects
Your personal focus
During your studies, you complete the specialisation in it management with the following courses:
- IT Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance & Compliance
- IT Architecture Management
- Software Engineering
What are the professional prospects in IT Management?
As IT Manager you have one of the top in-demand positions that industry, public sector and government have to offer. Whether you deal with information management in a department or with data centre management in world-wide operating enterprise, this fascinating role gives you the chance to gain unique insights into almost any domain of international organizations.
Business consultancies and IT service provider above all those with international business activities today already prefer to employ graduates from IUBH.
What others say about this programme
If you are curious about the technological evolution, yet provide critical thinking; if you have a passion for organizing interdisciplinary processes; and, if you feel confident with leading culturally diverse teams of business specialists, IT Management will be your first choice.